MSA’s current CEO, Adrian Scholtz, will be retiring from the company at the end of 2024 and will be replaced by MSA’s current Sporting Services Manager, Vic Maharaj. This situation will therefore create a vacancy for a SPORTING SERVICES MANAGER to join the executive management team of MSA, as a full-time employee, reporting directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for matters relating to the various forms of motorsport that fall under the jurisdiction of MSA. The position is located at MSA Head Office in Roodepoort, Johannesburg. This notice is going out relatively early to allow time for the most suitable candidate to be identified and recruited and for him/her to start working alongside Mr Maharaj for a handover period from a date to be determined.
- Advise and guide MSA’s Sport Co-ordinators as necessary and delegate responsibilities.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Sport Co-ordinators.
- Meet the goals of the Sporting Department and maintain employee work schedules.
- Inform and advise the various motorsport commissions/steering committees.
- Attend the meetings of the motorsport commissions/steering committees.
- Deal with correspondence/queries from competitors, clubs, members, race promoters, etc.
- Work with the relevant Sport Co-ordinator to arrange safety inspections of circuits from both a local and international perspective.
- Co-ordinate technical inspections as and when necessary.
- Work with the relevant Sport Co-ordinator to issue national circulars (rule amendments) as and when required.
- Consult with the appropriate parties and coordinate the compilation of the national motorsport calendar annually.
- Liaise with foreign motorsport bodies where appropriate.
- Liaise with, and co-ordinate, international events held in SA.
- Inscribe international events on the appropriate international motorsport calendars.
- Receive and process applications for the homologation of vehicles, components and equipment.
- Provide input and advice as required to MSA’s various regional motorsport committees (including reading the minutes of these meetings and commenting where necessary).
- Oversee, in conjunction with the relevant Sport Co-ordinator, appeal and disciplinary hearings.
- Where practical, attend the hearings referred to in 16 above and arrange for the publication of the findings of same.
- Process applications for new motorsport categories/series.
- Vet and cause to be published national sporting and technical regulations for the relevant categories of motorsport.
- Convene meetings as necessary to resolve disputes, decide the best way forward on issues, etc.
- Undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be assigned from time to time by the CEO of MSA.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Legal qualifications and/or experience working with legal firms and Counsel
• A significant knowledge of motorsport and motorsport regulations
• Project Management skills
• Adequate computer skills to be able to work in the Microsoft suite of products
• Knowledge of basic budgeting, accounting principles and practices
BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Sound judgement
• The ability to respect confidentiality
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Management experience in a team-orientated working environment
• Excellent administration/organizational skills
• Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management
• Excellent customer service skills
• Above average written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship-building and employee coaching skills
• Good leadership and motivational qualities
• Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team
ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL BE AN ADVANTAGE
• Experience in interacting with the media and good social media skills
• Preference will be given to candidates who will assist transformation and diversity objectives
The closing date for applications is 29 February 2024. Applicant’s CVs should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org