Motorsport South Africa (MSA) supports the South African Government’s Transformation Charter for South African Sport (SASCOC, 2021).
Transformation is defined as a process of holistically changing the delivery of sport through the actions of individuals and organisations that comprise the sport sector to ensure:
- Increased access and opportunities for ALL South Africans, including women, persons with disabilities, youth, children and the elderly to sport and recreation opportunities.
- The socio-economic benefits of sport are harnessed.
- The constitutional right to sport is recognised.
Thus, transformation describes the establishment of a sport system that has a focus on the principles of:
- human capital development,
- equitable resource distribution,
- elimination of all inequalities,
- increased access to participation opportunities,
- skill and capability development at all levels and in all areas of activity,
- greater community involvement through new sport infrastructure development,
- empowerment of the individual,
- respect for each other,
- fair, transparent and just behaviour,
- innovation to give South Africa a competitive edge in world sport; and
- good governance.
MSA therefore recognises that diversity, inclusion and equity are encompassed in this Transformation Charter.