With its powerful engine, it can go like the clappers or cruise comfortably. 5th gear is a bit like overdrive for fuel-saving.
My elder sister drove it from 1996 to 2008 and handed it down to me. I have been its only driver since then.
Only 175184km on the odometer.
A full service history is available: Lindsay Saker 1996 to 2008, then Robbs Executive Auto Services 2008 to 2013 and William Nicol Motors 2013 to date.
- It has not been used for motor sport
- it has not been in any serious accident.
- Pioneer digital radio with USB port.
Appearance is typical for its age. For example:
- The leather driver's seat has worn through where the driver's bottom rubs the backrest on entering the car. The other leather seats are in good condition.
- The driver's door remote locking works OK but not the other doors. When unlocking with the remote, the (pneumatic?) pump is activated for 30 seconds. Max Bennetti at William Nicol Motors advises this is expensive to fix and does no harm. Manual locking works fine.
- The car has 'lived outdoors' all its life. The paintwork shows wear & tear but I don't think it's in danger of corroding through. The sun-damage shown in the photo appears extreme.
- The rear window motor needs attention. (Don't open the rear window; it's difficult to close.
For more information, please contact John Hofmeyr on 083 956 0407 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org (Craighall Park - Johannesburg)