Motorsport South Africa, invites nominations for its annual Environmental Award. Through this award, MSA seeks to recognise and show its appreciation to the circuit, organiser, club or individual, who is assessed to have made a significant contribution towards or have done something important to enhance environmental awareness and/or protection in the field of motorsport during the course of the calendar year.
The annual MSA Environmental Award is the ideal platform for all our competitors, clubs and enthusiasts to do your bit for the environment. A sustainable environmental approach is important, since care for the environment is our daily duty and must not only be reserved for a single day per year.
Let us all work together to improve sustainability for our sport and for future generations.
SCOPE OF THE AWARD:
Examples of environmentally friendly programmes and projects that may be eligible, include, but are not limited to:
- Pollution prevention
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Generation or development of alternative energy
- Energy and water conservation measures
- Environmental Management Systems at events
- Tree planting and greening initiatives
- Environmental education and awareness
- Any other innovative environmental enhancement ideas or projects
Early submission is encouraged! Candidatures for the MSA Environmental Award must be submitted to MSA by close of business on Friday the 25th of October 2019.
The winner will be invited to the annual MSA Awards Ceremony where a prize will be presented.
The winner will be selected based on photographic and other proof submitted with the nomination. Nominations should also include written information about the nominee’s contributions. It must indicate one or more of the following:
- Benefits and Outcome - What environmental receptors did you address and how has this project benefited the motorsport community? What kind of solution/mitigation did the nominee developed or implemented to address the identified needs?
- Sustainability – Did your project achieve significant environmental awareness and does it have the potential for wider application to address sustainability amongst motorsport stakeholders?
- Communication and Outreach - Did the project engage different stakeholders? How many people benefited from the project?
- Innovation – Does the project provide guidance for others? Will it influence public perceptions?
All nomination forms and supporting material should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org